- Use company name as sender
- Bulk sending support, SMS hundreds of recipients at once
- Send quick messages directly from the switchboard
- Includes support for templates and recipient groups
With the messaging feature in Telia Smart Connect, you can quickly and easily send SMS to groups and individuals, directly from the switchboard on your PC, Mac, tablet or phone
Use messages in Telia Smart Connect
Messages can be sent from the Telia Smart Connect mobile app and directly from the switchboard. In the mobile app, you can easily send out messages from “Messages” menu option. In the switchboard you will find messages in the corporate directory and in the conversation window, or from a separate messaging module available in the main menu of the switchboard.
- From the main menu select Messages.
- You are now ready to send SMS from the messaging module.
If the messages option is unavailable, access to the module is restricted. Access to messages is controlled by your company’s administrator.
You can easily send SMS to multiple recipients at once through the messaging module. You can also create message templates and create groups of recipients if you regularly send the same messages out to multiple recipients.
- Select the sender address you want for your SMS messages. Recipients of the messages sent will see that the messages come from that number or sender. Telia Customer Service can help you add alternate sender names, such as your company’s name.
- Add recipients of your SMS messages. You can type a contact name, a phone number, the name of a department in your company, or a recipient group. You can also copy a list of phone numbers from, for example, Microsoft Excel. Press enter to add a phone number to the recipient list.
- Type the body of the message or use an existing template, before finally tapping send the message. The messages become immediately available under history where you can keep track of the status of each sent SMS.
If you send SMS to the same recipients on a regular basis, creating your own message group can save you time.
- Select the “Message groups” tab
- Click a new group and name the new group
- Select new member from the drop-down menu. You can then add recipients, either one by one or through importing from Microsoft Excel